State Of The 3D Printing Industry Survey 2019 AM Service Providers
Market Trends, Expert Insights and Industry Perspectives
The 3D printing service provider business is booming. With the industrialisation of 3D printing, service bureaus are unlocking new revenue streams, building up expertise and attracting more customers.
In such a dynamic landscape, it can be challenging to identify new opportunities opening up to service providers.
AMFG’s AM Service Provider Report 2019 offers detailed insights into the current state of the 3D printing service bureau market. We have profiled 50+ service providers, conducted interviews with industry experts and undertaken extensive research efforts all to extract key data to provide you with an in-depth market outlook.
Download this report to learn what the current AM service bureau market looks like, its challenges and opportunities and what a service bureau can do to secure its competitive advantage.
- A breakdown of the industry-wide survey results, including revenues, the most popular technologies, applications and industries served,
- Exclusive interviews with SmarTech Analysis' Vice President of Research and three leading service providers,
- Industry perspectives on the challenges of the AM service bureau market and the outlook for the next 12 months.
- The majority of respondents (40%) selected FFF/FDM as providing the most amount of revenue for their business. SLS and metal 3D printing came a joint second at 23%,
- The results show an almost even split between revenues from rapid prototyping and small series manufacturing, signalling the growing confidence in the technology for production applications,
- "Lack of 3D printing knowledge" is cited as the biggest challenge facing 3D printing service providers followed by increasing competition and the difficulties in balancing pricing and operational costs.,
- In spite of the challenges, the majority of respondents indicated a positive outlook for the service bureau business for the year ahead.